Thursday 16 August 2012

Day 19 - Athens: to the beach, each, let's go get away

Was awoken this morning by Henry telling me that someone was playing Goyte - Somebody that I used to know in the street. Swiftly went back to sleep and pretended he didn't wake me (it was 5.30am)

When we eventually got up we went down to breakfast (just made it) and stuffed our faces. Bacon, eggs, sausage, crossiants, toast, tea and (crap) coffee, ham, cheese, cake, cereal, you name it, we had it. Henry also did the age old British thing and wrapped a biscuit thing up and took an orange for later. Oh how he conforms to stereotypes... I've only been out of the country for three weeks but I'm quite used to the heat, Henry however was sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish market; 'it's not like British heat is it?' 'It's hot isn't it? Might be too hot' etc

So got the tram to the beach, a whole hour away ( 39 stops) from the hotel to a beach on recommendation from the hotel receptionist. You watch, we'll get there and it'll be run by the receptionist brother in law and be incredibly expensive....

So finally got to the beach and my god, Stavros (I've decided to name our receptionist Stavros) wasn't wrong. The beach was stunning. You had to pay, as you do on all beaches, and lounger hire was extra but it wasn't expensive. The 'resort' was called South Coast and my favourite feature was the boys walking around with Buzz Lightyear communicators on their wrists taking drinks orders.

Went for a lovely swim and sunbathed for a few hours. It was fab. Henry got sunburnt. I did try and tell him.

Anyway, it was quite nice to just do nothing for a day. It's kinda been two and a half weeks in a row of non stop sightseeing, so just to swim and sit and drink and eat was lovely.

Ordered room service again. Henry paid. Going to be a cheap week for me ;)

Lovely. So my gorgeous' I shall say goodnight. Quite a short blog today, I'll put more effort in tomorrow. Henry's told me I can have an hour every day to write it :)

Much love x

No comments:

Post a Comment